Visit the webpage at: http://www.aaintl.com
Visit the webpage: http://www.traveldocs.com/visas.htm
Visit the webpage: http://www.thetravelauthority.com
You may contact Baptist World Mission at 256.353.2221 or at email@example.com
Go to one of these websites:
or stateside: www.time.gov
Go to this webpage: www.xe.com
Visit this website: www.cia.gov/library/pulbications
Visit the webpage: www.churchsupplier.com
MKs – Send a Birthday Box – Make a child’s birthday special by sending them a box including everything they need for a party: decorations, party favors, table cloth and napkins, candles, box of cake mix, can of icing, sprinkles, packets of Kool-Aid, candy, games, and a birthday present. The child is given the party with all his friends/neighborhood children. Pictures are taken at the party and send back to the Sunday school class. They see the results of their giving to someone. Pen pals can also be developed through this means.
Furloughing/Deputation Missionaries – Along with a love offering, why not consider shaking the missionary’s hand and slipping them some a monetary gift. This not only is blesses the “receiver” but also the “giver.” We can never out give God!!!
Why not consider giving each one a Wal-Mart gift card. You can also add money to the card throughout the year. This allows them to shop at any Wal-Mart while they are on deputation or reporting to churches.
Why not consider filling a basket of “little” things she might not buy herself: perfume, bath/shower gels, scented candles, gift cards for restaurants, a good book, specialty coffee or tea, mints/gum, cute note cards, jewelry, etc.
- Daily pray for your missionary and the needs that they have. Consider using the missionary prayer calendar.
- Have you considered fasting for the missionary and their needs?
- Send cards for birthdays, anniversaries, Christmas, Thanksgiving, Easter, etc. (Remember to allow mailing time. Consider using a two-month rule.) Always use the missionary’s overseas address. Sending them to a mission board is not best.
- Get to know your missionary on a personal level. Perhaps every few months you could write them a letter telling them about yourself and what the Lord is doing in your life and in your church.
- Consider sending the missionary a care package once or twice a year. Check with the missionary first as they might have to pay heavy tax or have trouble getting the package out of customs. Should that be the case, considering sending them a monetary gift through their mission board.
- Once a quarter you could call your adopted missionary. It would be a blessing to both of you.